Alright, alright!!

cos-mo-post-al-an [koz-muh-postal-en]: adjective/noun
1. a person
who belongs to all the world; not limited to just one part of the world; can make their home anywhere in the world.
2. a person who believes fully that postage stamps and mail connect the world, regardless of where, from or to, they go.
3. the joyful experience of knowing you're a local because your mail made it to its destination
.


The postage stamp is truly wonderful. It can travel the world, experience the lives of a million different people, go through the doors of strangers; and never once lose sight of where it's headed.
Welcome to the land of cosmopostalan : travel, mail and words. It's a crazy little place in my corner of the woods; wherever that may be!

Friday, November 2, 2012

Incoming

It feels wonderful to post my incoming again!
This has been another of those incredibly busy weeks that has not left much time to breathe or focus as much as I would have liked to on my mail. But! I have heard from some lovely people this week that I haven't heard from in a while--which is absolutely (always) a plus!

Incoming

A "Lovely Letters" piece from my partner, R., in Germany.

Some of the gorgeous stamps adorning it...

And another airmail label to add to my collection!

An airmail-esque piece from S., in the United States.

...adorned with a bit of an early Chrissie stamp!

And a long awaited letter from V., in Spain!

The airmail sticker and "stamped (postage) stamp"!

Receiving mail is always a big ball of awesome! Have you received any stellar mail lately?
As always--if you're interested in a penpal, I'd love to hear from you! (Comment below!)
Send some mail--send some joy;
~ Ms. Always Traveling

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad my letter arrived safely!
    My city's post office decided like 2 years ago to replace paper stamps with that postage ink stamp to be eco-friendly and it's very difficult to find regular stamps :(
    I could buy some online but it would get messy with long letters where I have to know how much they weight ... so no pretty stamps in my letters :( sorry.
    Yours hasn't arrived yet, hope to get it soon!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it did too! I hope mine arrives to you very soon!
      I understand about the postage stamp dilemma; it's a bummer, but I bet it makes it more fun to send letters when travelling, aye?
      Have a wonderful, mail-filled day!

      Delete
  2. That's a strange amount of postage on the letter from Germany, that rate is for small packages in Germany... well, however, did you know that those stamps have a smell? Maybe it got used off during the travels, but they come with a "rub and smell"-smell :)
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Caddi! Thanks for the comment!
      I just tried to "scratch-and-sniff" the envelope, but no scent showed itself! I guess I'll have to wait until my next letter from Germany arrives! :) Thanks for the information, though! How cool is that!!
      Cheers--
      ~ Ms. Always Traveling

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely postal ponderings!
May today be a beautiful, full-of-mail kind-of day!
~ Ms. Always Traveling