Alright, alright!!

cos-mo-post-al-an [koz-muh-postal-en]: adjective/noun
1. a person
who belongs to all the world; not limited to just one part of the world; can make their home anywhere in the world.
2. a person who believes fully that postage stamps and mail connect the world, regardless of where, from or to, they go.
3. the joyful experience of knowing you're a local because your mail made it to its destination
.


The postage stamp is truly wonderful. It can travel the world, experience the lives of a million different people, go through the doors of strangers; and never once lose sight of where it's headed.
Welcome to the land of cosmopostalan : travel, mail and words. It's a crazy little place in my corner of the woods; wherever that may be!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Bucket List #103

Summer Bucket List #103
Read the other books I've been meaning to read.

I already previously posted about my wanting to finally get around to reading my aviation books, but this is another post about wanting to read the other books I've been meaning to read. There are quite a few.
The first is a book I have read possible four or five times already. I love it. By the ever-hilarious and extremely curious Bill Bryson (a man who I would invite to my "Top Ten People To Eat Dinner With" meal in an instant), In A Sunburned Country (otherwise known as Down Under depending on the publication house) reminds me of home every single time I read it. His style of writing captures the essense and truly embodies every character and location he writes about, in all of his books--of which I am a fan of each--which allows me to relive the experiences of Sydney, and the greater Great Brown Land, in such a wonderful way. I started it again this morning, after finding a hard-cover copy of it to add to my collection. Love it as much as ever, if not more considering that my dear Aussie Amigo shall be here in less than 72 hours!






The second and third I haven't begun yet, but they are:
  • 1984 by George Orwell
  • The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
The fourth I have already started and, like In A Sunburned Country, I have already read it many, many times. By one of my other absolute favourite authors, Roald Dahl, The Great Automatic Grammatizator is another beautifully awesome book. A collection of 13 of his bizarre and truly tremendous stories, it provides me with an endless current of gorgeously strange stories. In true Dahl fashion.

The fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth are more books along the similar trains of thought. Each of them promise to be fabulous.
  • At Home: A Short History of Private Life by Bill Bryson (yet again. You can never get enough. Truly.)
  • Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris (on a recommendation by the lovely B.)
  • Babyhood by Paul Reiser
  • Lunch In Paris by Elizabeth Bard
If I have time this summer, I intend to read all of these books. I can't wait.

Any suggestions for something else I should be reading? If it wasn't already obvious, I love travel and humour.

Read up, readers!
~ Ms. Always Traveling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely postal ponderings!
May today be a beautiful, full-of-mail kind-of day!
~ Ms. Always Traveling