Alright, alright!!

cos-mo-post-al-an [koz-muh-postal-en]: adjective/noun
1. a person
who belongs to all the world; not limited to just one part of the world; can make their home anywhere in the world.
2. a person who believes fully that postage stamps and mail connect the world, regardless of where, from or to, they go.
3. the joyful experience of knowing you're a local because your mail made it to its destination
.


The postage stamp is truly wonderful. It can travel the world, experience the lives of a million different people, go through the doors of strangers; and never once lose sight of where it's headed.
Welcome to the land of cosmopostalan : travel, mail and words. It's a crazy little place in my corner of the woods; wherever that may be!

Saturday, June 9, 2012

A little bit of pondering...

I am superbly excited to be traveling this summer. With my dear friend arriving in two weeks, and then a trip to Europe as well as a trip to the Midwest, I'm not worried at all about getting my fill of  "travel time".

This time next week, I will be immersed in "official summertime vibes" with no more study, and lots of mail, and good reading material, and beach days, and badminton competitions, and lots of late nights.
This time next week, I will be exactly one week away from the arrival of my dear friend T. into Boston, for his first trip to America and our wonderful two-and-a-half weeks of travel! I can't wait!
This time next week, my only concerns will be what time to get up in the morning so I don't miss the arrival of the mail, and whether or not to wear flip-flops or close-toed shoes.
This time next week, life will be much more relaxed and time will move slower.

But between now and I then, I have too many exams and way too much study to complete, an issue of the newspaper to distribute, and a lot of "To Do's" to get done.

The shining beacon, I must remember, is that come seven days from now, they'll merely be concerns of my past.

Summer is on it's way!
         ~ Ms. Always Traveling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely postal ponderings!
May today be a beautiful, full-of-mail kind-of day!
~ Ms. Always Traveling