Alright, alright!!

cos-mo-post-al-an [koz-muh-postal-en]: adjective/noun
1. a person
who belongs to all the world; not limited to just one part of the world; can make their home anywhere in the world.
2. a person who believes fully that postage stamps and mail connect the world, regardless of where, from or to, they go.
3. the joyful experience of knowing you're a local because your mail made it to its destination
.


The postage stamp is truly wonderful. It can travel the world, experience the lives of a million different people, go through the doors of strangers; and never once lose sight of where it's headed.
Welcome to the land of cosmopostalan : travel, mail and words. It's a crazy little place in my corner of the woods; wherever that may be!

Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Letter On Its Way

I'm pretty proud of this Featured Piece.
I used the theme of "Theatre" for the envelope, and a bunch of "Travel" themes for the card inside.
Basically, I received a simple unused card+envelope from a penpal, redecorated it, and sent it to another penpal. I love being able to be creative with the gifts of the mailart world; it's fabulous.

I think a lot of my inspiration came from the mini film poster, performance ticket stub, and Great American Filmmaker stamps that I had sitting on my desk, waiting to be used. Here's what I came up with:

 The front of the envelope, decorated in a mail-art fashion.


 A beautiful Billy Wilder stamp...

 The back of the envelope, beginning to transition from "Theatre" into "Travel"...


 Card inside the envelope. The bike part was already on the card, but I wanted to mess around with it a little... So I did!


 And then inside the card...

A message to let my penpal know I'm heading to Europe!

I had a fabulous time making this piece, and I feel like it encompasses two of my favourite things, which is tremendous! I don't know if I'll be able to send it out now! Just kidding -- I just hope that my recipient likes receiving it as much as I liked sending it!

What do you think?

Send more mail--it's summer for goodness sake!
               ~ Ms. Always Traveling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely postal ponderings!
May today be a beautiful, full-of-mail kind-of day!
~ Ms. Always Traveling